The American Diabetes Association leads the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fights for those affected by diabetes.
- They fund research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes.
- They deliver services to hundreds of communities.
- They provide objective and credible information.
- They give voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes.
The ADA provides helpful resources to families of children with diabetes. Examples include:
- Diabetes Care in the School Setting: A Position Statement of the American Diabetes Association
- Safe at School
For nearly 70 years, the ADA has run diabetes camps across the country serving over 100,000 children and their families. Diabetes camp is a lifeline for both children living with diabetes and those at high risk for developing type 2. They ADA knows first-hand how children respond to learning in a safe and fun environment. They believe every child should have the life-changing experience of Diabetes Summer Camp.