DECA Individual and Camp Memberships
Diabetes camps help people affected by diabetes lead healthier, happier and more productive lives through good diabetes management. The Diabetes Education and Camping Association (DECA) is a membership organization of the world’s diabetes camps, providing leadership and education to better enable diabetes camps to fulfill this purpose.
DECA strives to help diabetes camping peers and leaders be the best they can be at serving children and youth living with diabetes.
- Connect with peers and leaders in diabetes camping throughout the world!
- Take advantage of instructional opportunities, online and in person.
- Get the word out about your programs to a global audience.
Individuals Members of DECA have access to:
- DECA’s online resources including training videos, camper diabetes education activities, organization operating resources and more.
- A community of diabetes camping leaders. Share innovative program designs, best practice policies, general operating information, feedback regarding successes and challenges as well as other helpful information.
- Diabetes camping conferences, Campfire Chats and online forums.
- Newsletters and eblast communications – get the latest information relevant to diabetes camping.
Note: Individuals who are affiliated with a DECA Member Camp are eligible for an annual DECA Membership at no cost. Speak to the leadership of your camp to secure a discount code to use during Member Registration.
Annual Individual Membership: $75 US
DECA Member Camp staff, volunteers and Board members have access to:
Annual International Diabetes Camping Conferences
- Cutting edge Keynote and General Sessions
- Real-time networking, excellent presentations and panel discussions in an affordable one and one half day format.
- Three tracks
- Program Development and Youth Development
- Administration/Management and Funding
Members receive a 25% discount of registration fees for conferences in 2019 and beyond.
Preferential access to diabetes supplies: Your camp’s needs will be shared with DECA’s Industry Partners by the spring of each year. DECA’s Industry Partners are the leading providers of insulin, test strips and other diabetes management necessities.
E-conferences on best practices
Training materials: Videos, virtual Campfire Chats and webinars for diabetes camping staff.
Online Library of administrative resources on the following topics:
- Human resources (policies and procedures, hiring and training),
- Medical (such as health care and dietary forms, manuals, protocols, sample policies, references to literature on current insulin regimens, glucagon and nutrition)
- Diabetes Education Activities Toolkit
- Presentations and Slide Decks from annual Conference
“Find a Camp” portal, through which you’ll describe your programs, contact and session information. This gives you exposure to those seeking a camp for children, those wishing to join your staff and prospective funders!
Recognition and Validation: Access to usage of DECA’s logo to indicate that your programs benefit from your dedication to excellence.
The Case for Camp: Case statements and research you can use when making a case for collaboration in your community and for fundraising.
Directory of colleagues: Member-only access.
In Development: Discussion and Collaboration tools so you can connect with colleagues and thought leaders any time you wish.
You pay one annual fee for your organization’s membership. You get free individual memberships for those associated with your organization so they can benefit from DECA’s resources.