Be the best you can be at serving children and youth living with diabetes.
- Connect with peers and leaders in diabetes camping throughout the world!
- Take advantage of instructional opportunities, online and in person.
- Get the word out about your programs to a global audience.
The Diabetes Education and Camping Association (DECA) unites the worldwide diabetes camping community through leadership and education, and shares resources to advance programs that dramatically impact people’s lives.
Services to Member Camps
Annual International Diabetes Camping Conferences
- Cutting edge Keynote and General Sessions
- Real-time networking, excellent presentations and panel discussions in an affordable one and one half day format.
- Three tracks
- Program Development and Youth Development
- Administration/Management and Funding
Members receive a 25% discount of registration fees for conferences in 2019 and beyond.
Preferential access to diabetes supplies: Your camp’s needs will be shared with DECA’s Industry Partners by the spring of each year. DECA’s Industry Partners are the leading providers of insulin, test strips and other diabetes management necessities.
E-conferences on best practices
Training materials: Videos, virtual Campfire Chats and webinars for diabetes camping staff.
Online Library of administrative resources on the following topics:
- Human resources (policies and procedures, hiring and training),
- Medical (such as health care and dietary forms, manuals, protocols, sample policies, references to literature on current insulin regimens, glucagon and nutrition)
- Diabetes Education Activities Toolkit
- Presentations and Slide Decks from annual Conference
“Find a Camp” portal, through which you’ll describe your programs, contact and session information. This gives you exposure to those seeking a camp for children, those wishing to join your staff and prospective funders!
Recognition and Validation: Access to usage of DECA’s logo to indicate that your programs benefit from your dedication to excellence.
The Case for Camp: Case statements and research you can use when making a case for collaboration in your community and for fundraising.
Directory of colleagues: Member-only access
In Development: Discussion and Collaboration tools so you can connect with colleagues and thought leaders any time you wish.
How to Join
Member Camps and Program Organizations: $250 annually
You pay one annual fee for your organization’s membership. You get free individual memberships for those associated with your organization so they can benefit from DECA’s resources.
Individuals not associated with a Member Organization: $75 annually