Diabetes camps help people affected by diabetes lead healthier, happier and more productive lives through good diabetes management. The Diabetes Education and Camping Association (DECA) is a membership organization of the world’s diabetes camps, providing leadership and education to better enable diabetes camps to fulfill this purpose.
DECA strives to help diabetes camping peers and leaders be the best they can be at serving children and youth living with diabetes through diabetes education and peer support.
- Connect with peers and leaders in diabetes camping throughout the world!
- Take advantage of instructional opportunities, online and in person.
- Get the word out about your programs to a global audience.
DECA Camp Membership Benefits
Listing of your organization on DECA’s “Find a Camp” webpage through which you’ll describe your program, session and contact information. Find a Camp gives you exposure to those seeking a camp, those wishing to join your staff and prospective funders!
Preferential access to donations of type 1 diabetes care supplies for camp sessions. (US camps)
Eligibility to participate in DECA administered camp fundraising programs. (US camps)
Eligibility to apply for DECA administered camper registration and college scholarship funds. (US camps)
Access to webinars and campfire chats on best practices in diabetes camping.
Access to the DECA online Resource Library.
Discounted registration cost for DECA’s Annual International Diabetes Camping Conferences.
Access to The Case for Camp: case statements and research you can use when making a case for collaboration in your community and for fundraising.
Inclusion in “Outstanding Leaders in Diabetes Camping”- DECA’s real time online discussion and collaboration tool so you can connect with colleagues and thought leaders any time you wish.
Receipt of DECA Quarterly E-News.
Recognition and Validation. Permission to display DECA’s logo on your website and materials to indicate that your organization has access to best practices information regarding the operation of a quality diabetes camping program.
Annual Camp Membership: $280 US
You pay one annual fee for your organization’s membership. You get free individual memberships for those associated with your organization so they can benefit from DECA’s resources.
Individuals Members of DECA have access to:
- DECA’s online resources including training videos, camper diabetes education activities, organization operating resources and more.
- A community of diabetes camping leaders. Share innovative program designs, best practice policies, general operating information, feedback regarding successes and challenges as well as other helpful information.
- Diabetes camping conferences, Campfire Chats and online forums.
- Newsletters and eblast communications – get the latest information relevant to diabetes camping.
Note: Individuals who are affiliated with a DECA Member Camp are eligible for an annual DECA Membership at no cost. Speak to the leadership of your camp to secure a discount code to use during Member Registration.