“CAMP commUNITY…In this Together”
Sunday, February 28th – Tuesday, March 2nd
Presented Virtually (Online)
Join people from around the world to hear about creating safe and impactful diabetes camping and outreach/support programs in the Covid-19 era. Network with friends, old and new, as everyone shares about the wonderful work that they are doing to help children, youth and young adults live well with diabetes. Thanks to a generous sponsor, the Diabetes Education and Camping Association (DECA) is able to offer this year’s conference at only $25 US per attendee. (Scholarships are available for diabetes camping representatives from low-income countries.) Since the conference is VIRTUAL this year, we hope more of your camp team will be able to join in.
What does the conference offer you?
- Distinguished keynote speakers will inspire you
- Knowledgeable breakout session presenters will inform you
- Campfire Chat discussions will give you great new ideas
- Sponsor Spotlights and the exhibit hall will inform you about the latest diabetes products
- Networking opportunities will connect you with leaders and sponsors of diabetes camps
- Sunday, February 28: 1:00pm – 10:30pm – Medical focus. Contagious diseases, CEU’s Automated Insulin Delivery (AID) & Diabetes Tech.
- Keynote: Shawn Shepheard (8:15 – 9:30pm)
- Monday, March 1: 10:00 am – 10:00pm – Administrative focus. In-person camps & Covid, fundraising, keeping the doors open, impact of Covid – 19 on camps.
- Tuesday, March 2: 10:00 am- 9:00pm. STEM & Sustainability, non-summer programs, nature success, programs for older campers, feedback methods and mindsets.
- Keynote: Niambi Jaha-Echols – Diversity, Inclusion & Equity (6:30 – 7:30pm)
You can attend as many sessions as you like or as few as you like. We will have open networking hours and time to visit our exhibit hall as well.
International Leader Presentations
We recognize that children, youth, and young adults living with diabetes benefit greatly from many different program approaches in their respective communities throughout the world. In addition to the sessions above, we invite presentations that are related to diabetes camping and youth/young adult support programs from friends living in different geographic regions and cultures of the world. Submit proposal by January 22nd at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2021DECAPRESENTATION.
Your Input Needed!
We ask for your help in planning the conference by you providing responses to a few brief questions by January 22nd at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DECAconferenceinput.
We look forward to you joining us at the 2021 International Diabetes Camping Conference!