DECA Conferences and Programs
Join Us! DECA’s Diabetes Camping Conference is a unique opportunity to hear about creating safe and impactful diabetes camping and outreach programs in the Covid-19 era. Thanks to a generous sponsor, we are able to offer this year’s conference at only $25 per attendee*. Since the conference is VIRTUAL this year, we hope more of your camp team will be able to join in.
What does the conference offer you?
- Distinguished keynote speakers will inspire you
- Knowledgeable breakout session presenters will inform you
- Campfire Chat discussions will give you great new ideas
- Sponsor Spotlights and exhibit hall will inform you about the latest diabetes products
- Networking opportunities will connect you with leaders and sponsors of diabetes camps
- Sunday, February 28: 1:00pm – 10:30pm – Medical focus. Contagious diseases, CEU’s Automated Insulin Delivery (AID) & Diabetes Tech.
- Keynote: Shawn Shepheard (8:15 – 9:30 pm)
- Monday, March 1: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm – Administrative focus. In-person camps & Covid, fundraising, keeping the doors open, impact of Covid – 19 on camps.
- Keynote: Ian Roberts (10:30 am – 11:45 am)
- Tuesday, March 2: 10:00 am- 9:00 pm. STEM & Sustainability, non-summer programs, nature success, programs for older campers, feedback methods and mindsets.
- Keynote: Niambi Jaha-Echols – Diversity, Inclusion & Equity (7:00 pm – 8:15 pm)
You can attend as many sessions as you like or as few as you like. We’ll have open networking hours and time to visit our exhibit hall as well.
We hope you will join us!
*Scholarships available for diabetes camping representatives from low-income countries.