DTreat - The Retreat for Young Adults with Type 1 Diabetes
DTreat 2012 will be held at University of Chicago, August 17 - 19.
Registration is open.
Go to DTreat Registration
This program addresses the unique needs young adults (ages 18 – 25) with type 1 diabetes facing the challenges of transitioning and adjusting to new life stages. By providing support, cooperative educational programs and tools for healthy living, participants will develop positive well-being and supportive social networks.
The purpose of this program is to connect young adults, between the ages of 18-25, with type 1 diabetes. While at DTREAT, young adults will have the opportunity to partake in a series of discussion style support groups, workshops, and sessions geared toward life-affecting topics such as:
• Health insurance, navigating health care and finances
• Exercise and nutrition
• Time management with diabetes in your life
• Stress management and relationships
• Partying and other risky business…and more
• How to handle your parents' fears
DTreat programs are generously sponsored by many foundations, diabetes industry partners and others and are offered annually across the country. Stay tuned on the DTreat Facebook page and visit here to learn about upcoming events.
To read more and register, go http://www.diabetescamps.org/show-all-eventsprograms.html
Diabetes Camp Leadership Development Council "DLead"
Thanks to the generosity of the Medtronic Foundation, DECA developed DTreat to enthusiastically support initiatives that enhance opportunities for young adults through the Diabetes Camp Leadership Development Council (DLead).
"DLead" develops educational programs for young adults with diabetes and leadership training initiatives for diabetes camps internationally in concert with the mission of the Diabetes Education and Camping Association.
The DLead Council is a group of young adult diabetes leaders from across North America who were selected to plan and implement DLEAD initiatives. Council members include:
- Lara Abramson - Camp Morton/Maxwell (Nova Scotia, Canada)
- Jonathan Davidson - Pennsylvania
- Gabrielle Cousineau - Camp Carowanis (Quebec, Canada)
- Jennifer Goerzen - Bearskin Meadow Camp (California)
- Jen Hanson - Ontario (Canada)
- Lisa Henning - Camp Hodia (Idaho)
- Sara Latimer - Camp Seale Harris (Alabama)
- Krystle Samai - California