Director of Development
Detail DescriptionTarget Date: We are looking to fill this position for January, 2014.
• Bachelor’s degree or proven history of successful fundraising abilities
• Confident, self-starter with a passion for non-profit organization building and fundraising
• Full-time or Part-time, flexible hours. Some weekday evenings and weekends required
• Will work from home
• Assess the fundraising potential of existing donors and develop new initiatives to meet agency strategic objectives and vision
• Identify, recruit, cultivate & nurture donors, corporate sponsors, foundation, private funding sources and special events to increase sponsorship growth.
• Write grant proposals for corporate and foundation funders.
• Lead and manage the camp’s overall development efforts to raise an annual budget of about $200,000
• Write funder reports
• Initiate Alumni Association
• Prepare required reports to Board of Directors
• Emphatic about follow through and relationship building
• Travel to conferences and meetings on behalf of camp. Approximately two times per month and usually with 1-2 hours of Wilmington, Delaware although this may vary
• Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills with the ability to make dynamic group presentations
• Strong planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
• Recommend donor software system for purchase and use
• The capacity to develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with donors, volunteers, Board of Directors, and staff
• Salary is commensurate with qualifications
• Health coverage, phone and vacation time are negotiable
• Salary and benefits may vary based on part-time or full-time employment
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by: jeffedietz (2)